CHRIS BROWN PERFORMS MEDLEY OF HITS WHILE JODECI, MISSY ELLIOTT, LIL’ KIM AND DA BRAT REUNITE AT SOUL TRAIN AWARDS 2014 [Photos]
Wendy Williams Hosts Awards Show Airing on CENTRIC and BET Networks on November 30, 2014 at 8PM ET/PT
CENTRIC celebrated and honored R&B legends and soul music’s brightest new stars at this year’s SOUL TRAIN AWARDS, which taped in Las Vegas on Friday, November 7. Wendy Williams hosted the night’s festivities, which included performances from Chris Brown, Jodeci, Nico & Vinz and more. The SOUL TRAIN AWARDS2014 willair on CENTRIC and BET Networks on November 30, 2014 at 8PM ET/PT.
- Chris Brown kicked things off by performing a medley of his hits, including “Yo (Excuse Me Miss),” “New Flame,” and “Loyal,” bringing the crowd to their feet.
- Wendy Williams lit up the stage with a glitzy toast to Vegas, waltzing alongside Boris Kodjoe in the show’s opening number. She displayed her over-the-top sense of style with more than six dazzling outfit changes throughout the evening.
- This year’s breakout duo Nico & Vinz performed their smash hit “Am I Wrong” before wowing the crowd with their new single, “In Your Arms.”
- Audience members joined We Are Toonz and their troop of dancers to show off their best rendition of this year’s breakout dance craze, the Nae Nae.
- Jodeci reunited on the Soul Train Awards stage to perform classic fan favorites “Freek’n You,” “Come and Talk to Me,” “Stay” and “Forever My Lady,” in addition to debuting their new single, “Nobody Wins.”
- Kool & The Gang were honored with the Legend Award for their outstanding achievements and contributions to soul music, since initially forming the group 50 years ago. To celebrate the award, a bevy of acts including Tamar Braxton, MC Lyte, Ma$e, Doug E. Fresh and more performed the group’s greatest hits.
- Legendary emcees Lil’ Kim, Missy Elliott and Da Brat reunited and closed out the night with a crowd-pleasing performance of their 1996 platinum single “Ladies Night” in tribute to Kool & The Gang.
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”
Props to BET