WalletHub Study: 2017’s Most Sinful Cities
By Jack Barnes
The holidays are here. And one thing they’re known for is encouraging indulgence, such as overeating and overspending, which can lead to unfortunate economic consequences. Americans are the fattest people in the world and every year sustain nearly $325 billion in losses as a result. Plus, we’re on course to end 2017 with another $60 billion in credit-card balances for a total debt load of about $1 trillion.
In light of this dark pattern perpetuated every holiday season, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Most Sinful Cities. To determine the most wicked places in America, WalletHub’s data crunchers compared more than 180 U.S. cities based on seven sinful behaviors: anger and hatred, jealousy, excesses and vices, greed, lust, vanity and laziness.
Here are some highlights from the report:
|Most Sinful Cities||Least Sinful Cities|
|1||Las Vegas, NV||173||Cedar Rapids, IA|
|2||Orlando, FL||174||Aurora, IL|
|3||Miami, FL||175||San Jose, CA|
|4||St. Louis, MO||176||Santa Rosa, CA|
|5||North Las Vegas, NV||177||Plano, TX|
|6||Henderson, NV||178||Port St. Lucie, FL|
|7||Detroit, MI||179||West Valley City, UT|
|8||Baton Rouge, LA||180||Brownsville, TX|
|9||Tampa, FL||181||Pearl City, HI|
|10||New Orleans, LA||182||South Burlington, VT|
Most vs. Least Sinful
- Corpus Christi, Texas, has the fewest hate-crime incidents (per 100,000 residents), 0.31, which is 71.8 times fewer than in Boston, the city with the most at 22.25.
- Yonkers, New York, has the fewest thefts (per 1,000 residents), 12.86, which is 6.8 times fewer than in Salt Lake City, the city with the most at 87.96.
- San Francisco has the lowest share of obese adults, 16.1 percent, which is 2.3 times lower than in Mobile, Alabama, the city with the highest at 37.1 percent.
- San Jose, California, has the lowest share of adult smokers, 8.4 percent, which is 3.1 times lower than in St. Louis, the city with the highest at 26.3 percent.
- Jersey City has the fewest tanning salons (per square root of the population), 0.0039, which is 59.7 times fewer than in Las Vegas, the city with the most at 0.2327.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit:
https://wallethub.com/edu/ rel=””dofollow””>wbr />most-sinful-cities-in-america/
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Follow me: Getmybuzzup on Twitter | Getmybuzzup on Facebook | Getmybuzzup on Google+ | Getmybuzzup on Tumblr | Getmybuzzup on Linkedin | Getmybuzzup on Pinterest | Getmybuzzup on Instagram | Getmybuzzup on Snapchat
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”
Props to Wallethub