Best & Worst Cities for Football Fans
By Jack Barnes
With Super Bowl LII just days away, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Best & Worst Cities for Football Fanstogether with its Super Bowl LII By The Numbers infographic.
To determine the best places for loving on America’s No. 1 sport, WalletHub compared more than 240 U.S. cities with at least one college or professional football team based on 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from number of NFL and college football teams to average ticket prices.ake sure to check out the infographic for cool stats about the biggest sporting event of the year. Here are some highlights from each report:
|Best Cities for Football Fans||Worst Cities for Football Fans|
|1||Green Bay, WI||234||Logan, UT|
|2||Pittsburgh, PA||235||New Britain, CT|
|3||Dallas, TX||236||West Lafayette, IN|
|4||Boston, MA||237||East Hartford, CT|
|5||New York, NY||238||Cape Girardeau, MO|
|6||Los Angeles, CA||239||Valparaiso, IN|
|7||Glendale, AZ||240||Pine Bluff, AR|
|8||Philadelphia, PA||241||Davidson, NC|
|9||Oakland, CA||242||Syracuse, NY|
|10||Cincinnati, OH||243||Jackson, MS|
Best vs. Worst
- The New England Patriots’ performance level, 81.3 percent, is 9.8 times better than the Cleveland Browns’ 8.3 percent.
- Dallas has the highest NFL team popularity ranking, 1st, while Los Angeles has the lowest at 31.5th.
- Jacksonville, Florida, has the lowest average ticket price for an NFL game, $61.40, which is 2.1 times less expensive than in Chicago, the city with the highest at $131.90.
- The Alabama Crimson Tide’s performance level, 93.2 percent, is 11.2 times better than the Kansas Jayhawks’, 8.3 percent.
- Cookeville, Tennessee has the lowest minimum season-ticket price for an NCAA (FBS & FCS) game, $36, which is 31.9 times less expensive than in South Bend, Indiana, the city with the highest at $1,150.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit:
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”