Ariana Grande shared on her Instagram that she will be joining Lady Gaga to perform their hit song, “Rain On Me.” The chart-topping single, which was nominated for 7 VMAs, including Video of the Year, will be performed LIVE for the first time and it’s happening at the VMAs! Both Gaga and Grande lead this year’s VMAs with 9 nominations each.
The news comes on the heels of the announcement that Miley Cyrus will be returning to the VMAs stage to perform her new single, “Midnight Sun.” All three superstars join the previously announced performers The Weeknd, BTS, J. Balvin, Doja Cat, Maluma, Roddy Ricch, and CNCO.
With this amazing lineup, you know that the fashion, style, and performances are all going to make the VMAS the MUST-SEE event of the summer! The 2020 “VMAs” will air LIVE on Sunday, August 30th at 8pm ET/PT.
2020 MTV “VMAs” Announces Ariana Grande to join Lady Gaga for performance of “Rain on Me”:
- World renowned artist Ariana Grande joins the star-studded lineup of performers taking the stage at the 2020 “VMAs.”
- She last performed in 2018 with an unforgettable rendition of her hit “God is a Woman.”
- Past VMAs history: 35 noms, 5 wins, and has performed 4 times (’18, ’16, twice in ’14).
- Ariana leads the “VMAs” pack with 9 nominations:
- Video of the Year: “Rain On Me”
- Song of the Year: “Rain On Me”
- Best Collaboration: “Rain On Me”
- Best Collaboration: “Stuck with U”
- Best Pop: “Rain On Me”
- Best Music Video From Home: “Stuck with U”
- Best Cinematography: “Rain On Me”
- Best Visual Effects: “Rain On Me”
- Best Choreography: “Rain On Me”
- Previously Announced “VMAs” News
- The 2020 “VMAs,” hosted by entertainment powerhouse Keke Palmer, will air LIVE on Sunday, August 30th at 8pm ET/PT.
- PERFORMERS: Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, BTS, Doja Cat, J Balvin, Maluma and CNCO are set to perform, with additional artists to be announced in the coming days.
o Lady Gaga will bring her chart-topping album, Chromatica, to life at this year’s 2020 “VMAs” for the world premiere televised performance of her latest release. This marks her first return to the “VMAs” stage since 2013.
o First-time performances from BTS and Roddy Ricch; second-ever appearance from The Weeknd, who last took the “VMAs” stage in 2015.
o This will be BTS’ TV debut of their new, English-only single, “Dynamite,” set to be released on August 21.
o The following performers are also 2020 “VMAs” nominees:
- Lady Gaga: 9 nominations (Video of the Year, Artist of the Year Song of the Year, Best Collaboration, Best Pop, Best Quarantine Performance, Best Cinematography, Best Visual Effects, Best Choreography)
- The Weeknd: 6 nominations (Video of the Year, Artist of the Year, Best R&B Video, Best Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Editing)
- J Balvin: 4 nominations (Best Collaboration, Best Latin x3)
- BTS: 3 nominations (Best Pop, Best K-Pop, Best Choreography)
- Roddy Ricch: 3 nominations (Song of the Year, PUSH Best New Artist, Best Hip-Hop Video)
- Doja Cat: 3 nominations (Song of the Year, PUSH Best New Artist, Best Direction
- CNCO: 2 nominations (Best Quarantine Performance, Best Choreography)
- Maluma: 1 nomination (Best Latin Video)
- NOMINATIONS: Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga lead this year’s nominations with nine nods each, closely followed by Billie Eilish and The Weeknd with six nominations. Full nominee list here.
- VOTING: Fans can vote for their favorites across 15 gender-neutral categories, including “Video of the Year,” “Artist of the Year,” “Best Quarantine Performance,” and more by visiting vma.mtv.comthrough August 23, 2020. Voting for “PUSH Best New Artist, Presented by Chime Banking,” will remain open.
- PRODUCTION CREDITS: Bruce Gillmer and Den of Thieves co-founder Jesse Ignjatovic are Executive Producers for the 2020 “VMAs.” Barb Bialkowski is Co-Executive Producer. Alicia Portugal and Jackie Barba serve as Executives in Charge of Production. Wendy Plaut is Executive in Charge of Celebrity Talent. Lisa Lauricella is Music Talent Executive.
- SPONSORS: Official sponsors of the 2020 “MTV Video Music Awards” include Burger King®, Chime Banking, Coors Light, EXTRA® Gum, and PEPSI® .
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”