By Jack Barnes
People’s latest special collector’s edition, Adele: 2016 World Tour, celebrates the superstar singer’s first tour in five years and offers an intimate look at her early years listening to Ella Fitzgerald and the Spice Girls, the heartbreak that she turned to musical gold, and her happy life now with her fiancé Simon Konecki and their 3-year-old son Angelo. Plus, all about Adele’s unmatched success and her favorite breakup songs from artists including Mumford & Sons, Florence + the Machine and more. Adele: 2016 World Tour hits newsstands Friday, June 24 ($13.99/US and $15.99/Canada) and is available as an e-edition at: AdeleAmazon. Highlights include:
- In Concert: The Adele Live 2016 tour began in Belfast on Feb. 29 and hit Sweden, Denmark, England, Italy and other countries before visiting the U.S and Canada – delighting fans with her “cockney cackle” and her barefoot performances.
- Web Performances: Critic’s Choice: Couldn’t score tickets for Adele’s sold-out tour? Entertainment Weekly’s Kevin O’Donnell recommends these shows on YouTube: “When We Were Young,” live at the Church Studios, 2015; “Hello,” live in
Dublin, March 5, 2016; iTunes Festival London, 2011, and many more!
- Her Life Now: How Love Changed Adele: Adele says she’s no longer drawn to the “drama” of her early 20s – and is reveling in the happiness of her little family. The singer told iHeartRadio’s Elvis Duran she “always wanted to be a mum.”
“You don’t understand what a major thing it is to have a child until you do it…My life is all about him now, when before it was all about me. I never fell so in love, so much.”
- Adele: When She Was Young: Growing up in London’s gritty Tottenham, Adele made herself heard in a clamorous world. Her mum’s love – and music – helped a bighearted girl heal from the early discord that would leave her constantly looking for
her stand-up man.
- The Brit School: Life At a Pop Star Academy: Facing failure at her conventional school, Adele took a chance on her dreams at the pop-star-maker that boasted Amy Winehouse and Leona Lewis.
- Flashback: Meet Adele: In 2008, on the occasion of Adele’s album 19 hitting No. 1 on the British charts, People learned more about the novice star after a brief first interview. On her first big splurge, “I bought a Burberry bag for, like, $800. I used to
sweat when I was buying a designer bag,” says the singer. The price is ridiculous. But now I’m given bags. It’s great!”
- Style: Her Fashion Evolution: From bohemian casual to retro glamour to red carpet sparkle, she keeps one thing constant: favoring “comfort over fashion.” “I’m much more comfortable with a pair of tights. And just a baggy jumper and some flat shoes,”
says the superstar.
- 21: Spinning Hurt into Pure Gold: Adele rebounds from a devastating heartbreak with a soul-string tour de force. “We fell out of love,” Adele toldPeople, adding that though he didn’t cheat on her as the ex of 19 had, the crash was devastating. “I locked
myself in my house for nine months drinking four bottles of wine a night,” she said. “That was probably the lowest point of my life.”
- Influences: Her Early Inspirations: From Ella Fitzgerald to Madonna to, yes, Ginger Spice, Adele was trained on the greatest voices of all time. “When I listened to the Ettas and the Ellas, it was like an awakening. I was so inspired, it was a real spur to
doing this,” says Adele.
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”