By Jack Barnes
This weekend marked NBA All-Star which lent itself to a handful of exciting announcements and performances, specifically as it relates to AT&T. Most prominently, Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, performer, producer, activist, and actress Janelle Monáe headlined the debut AT&T Pregame Concert streamed live Sunday on AT&T and NBA social media channels with more than 1,000,000 live viewers. The rising star was most recently featured in the Robert Zemeckis film Welcome to Marwen in winter 2018 and pulled off an incredible musical performance at last week’s Grammy Awards in support of her critically-acclaimed third solo album, DIRTY COMPUTER.
Photo Credit: Lance King / Getty Images
See below for additional highlights from AT&T during All-Star weekend:
- Sunday’s live-streamed concert marked a few firsts for AT&T: With more than 1,000,000 total live viewers, it was the first live-streamed AT&T concert on YouTube since AT&T announced its content would return to the platform, the first time AT&T has streamed a live concert across its Twitter, YouTube and Instagram channels, and the first time AT&T has fully produced a live stream concert on Instagram. In 2018, AT&T brought premium live content experiences from our sponsorships like this weekend’s NBA All-Star to over 43 million social media viewers. Janelle’s Sunday night performance will be available for replay on Twitter and YouTube for the next 30 days.
- AT&T presented the above the rim camera used by TNT on their broadcasts to give viewers a bird’s-eye view of the action on the court. Just one of the ways AT&T is enhancing the fan experience at home and for those watching on the go.
- The #ATTSlamDunk was once again a fan favorite with Hamidou Diallo winning the night https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1097023470704173056
- AT&T will soon donate the custom-designed mural by local Charlotte artist Matt Stevens that was part of AT&T’s space at NBA Crossover at the Epicentre in Charlotte – a festival of music, art, fashion, and innovation. AT&T commissioned Matt to create the mural used in the backdrop of the AT&T space, giving him a chance to showcase his talent and the city of Charlotte. We’ll soon make that donation and can arrange to have you cover this.
- As background information, AT&T announced a multiyear marketing partnership with the NBA last week with the goal of bringing young, diverse, tech-centric and socially engaged fans closer to NBA action.
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”