There are many ways to say thanks to your wedding guests, but one of the most popular ways is by gifting a wedding favor. To keep the wedding favors, you need bags. Many people want their favor bags to be personal and fit the whole theme of their wedding.
Those who like craft, they make wedding favor bags at their home to make their guests feel special. Below, I’m going to share some easy tips to make favor bags at your home:
- Satin fabric, by the yard
- Matching thread
- Jute twine
- Straight pins and one safety pin
- Wooden skewer
- First, layout your fabric and place the top of the pattern along the salvage edge. When not using the salvage, just run a stitch across the top of the fabric after it has been cut out. And try to keep the weave of the fabric running in straight lines.
- After cutting the fabric, fold in half width-wise and pin.
- After that sew a ½” seam from the top to the bottom and backstitch the end and do the same across the bottom.
- Then snip the threads and trim a little off the corner where the seams cross.
- After that, turn the bag right side out and working form the inside poke out of the corner and for the top casing where your drawstrings will be, fold down the inside of the bag.
- And working form the inside, sew all the way around the bag about 1-inch from the top.
- Make an opening in the front layer, only of the casing at each side of the bag for this; don’t cut the fabric just, stretch it using a pin or needle.
- Cut the two pieces of fabric and tie a tight knot at one end and secure a safety pin through the knot. And thread the fabric through the opening in one side all the way around the bag and out the same hole and repeat the same process from the opening at another side with the other piece of fabric.
- After that, tie the two ends of your twine together on both sides and your bag is ready to fill with the wedding favors.
You can use a lot of things to fill your favor bags to say thanks to your wedding guests. You can use candies, candles, chocolate bars, and kits, seeds, potpourri, jelly beans, coffee beans, and many others as your wedding favor.
A wedding is the most important day for any one and all people want to make it perfect and memorable for their guests. And giving a perfect wedding favor inside a homemade favor bag will also make memories for your guests. In wedding ceremonies, you can offer decorative sashes to a bride and bridesmaids to make the occasion more memorable. You can easily get it from a quality product online shop that provides different types of wedding-related products, fabrics, ribbon, craft materials and many more at wholesale prices.