By Jack Barnes
Grammy®-nominated Detroit native singer-songwriter and producer Mike Posner, whose career-catapulting “I Took A Pill In Ibiza” is now the 10th most streamed song of all time on Spotify with 1 billion streams, announces the winners of the Amor Fati Music Academy scholarship program today. The fellowship will take place in Telluride, CO, on May 16th – May 23rd. For more information, please go to http://
“I’m at the point in my career where I don’t want devote all my energy to making myself more and more successful, and I want to dedicate some of my energy to helping other people be successful in the music industry as well. At Amor Fati Music Academy our mentors will pass down the years of wisdom and knowledge they have amassed in the music industry to young artists. We have some of the best artists, producers, and voice teachers in the world mentoring young adults. We have more mentors than mentees so the level of attention for the mentees will be unparalleled. Also, this will take place in one of the most beautiful places in the world, Telluride, CO.” – Mike Posner
The goal of the Amor Fati program is to award fellowships to five hand selected aspiring artists that will provide them with a unique week-long immersion into songwriting, production and computer software. While spending time in the mountains, they will learn studio skills and how to write/produce/record songs (to which they will retain ALL rights), as well as nutrition, fitness and meditation practices to help them reach their potential as musicians and people. They will be coached by veteran world-class musicians, producers, and songwriters including:
- Mike Posner (prolific Grammy®-nominated singer, songwriter, producer, poet, and podcaster)
- Adam Friedman (Arizona native turned Californian singer, songwriter, producer, multi-instrumentalist)
- Alex Banayan (acclaimed keynote speaker, author, and life coach; listed as one of Forbes’ ‘30 Under 30’ and Business Insider’s ‘Most Powerful People Under 30’)
- Dave Stroud (American vocal coach, vocal educator, lecturer and creator of VocalizeU and established VocologyInPractice; has worked with high profile artists such as Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, and Kelly Clarkson)
- GRiZ (DJ and electronic producer from Michigan, who is known for playing the saxophone along with producing funk, electro-soul and self-described future-funk; releasing four albums, he has toured with artists such as Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Gramatik, and Big Gigantic; master in Ableton)
- Jacy Cunningham (dynamic movement therapist, group fitness instructor, and creator of The Jacy Method – a movement based experience designed to facilitate harmonious community)
- Vance Gilbert (world-class folk singer, songwriter, performer, storyteller and vocal instructor from Philly; has released thirteen albums)
- Zach Allia (Utah-based master travel and portrait photographer)
The winners of the fellowship include:
- Colin Huntley @colinhuntley_
- dwilly (@itsdwilly)
- Myylo (@myylomusic)
- Torr Yatco (@torr___)
- Valentina (@valentinaaa)
Contributing partners for the Amor Fati Music Academy scholarship program include ASCAP and the program’s official distribution partner Stem, Ableton (@ableton), Bose (@bose), Fender (@fender), Strymon Engineering (@strymonengineering), Taylor Guitars (@taylorguitars), and ROLI (@weareroli). For more information, please go to: www.amorfatimusicacademy.
About MIKE POSNER:
Since 2009, multi-platinum singer and songwriter Mike Posner has quietly become one of the world’s most inescapable and recognizable voices. In 2010, his debut, 31 Minutes to Takeoff, yielded the double-platinum “Cooler Than Me” and platinum-certified “Please Don’t Go” and “Bow Chicka Wow Wow.” In between tours with artists such as Justin Bieber, Mike became one of the industry’s most sought after hitmakers. He’s the man behind a string of smashes including Maroon 5’s six-times platinum “Sugar,” Justin Bieber’s triple-platinum “Boyfriend,” and Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé ‘s “Beneath Your Beautiful,” in addition to songs for everybody from Pharrell, Wiz Khalifa, and Big Sean to T.I., Snoop Dogg, and Avicii.
In 2016, Mike’s second full-length album, At Night, Alone. [on Island Records] bowed at #12 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. The album included the ubiquitous RIAA 4x-platinum smash “I Took A Pill In Ibiza”—which has amassed 1 billion streams on Spotify alone and 1.6 billion worldwide streams on all partners, went Top 10 in 85 countries, held #1 on Top 40 for two weeks straight, made history as “one of Spotify’s Top 10 Most Streamed Songs of All Time,” and earned Mike a 2017 Grammy® nomination for “Song of The Year.”
Mike released Tear Drops & Balloons, his first hardcover volume of poetry; as well as the full-length album mansionz, his duo project with singer-rapper blackbear. Mike later launched his podcast series, “What Does This All Mean?” in which he discusses a range of topics from his life and his journey. “What Does This All Mean” has included 1-on-1 discussions with Deepak Chopra, Sharon Salzberg, Shep Gordon, and Dr. Mark Anthony Neal. Listen to the “What Does This All Mean?” podcast HERE. Mike recently released i was born in detroit on a very, very, very, very, very, very, very cold day, his first album of original poetry, recorded live on tour during his North American Honda Civic Tour: Future Now tour with fellow Island Records artists Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas.
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”