By Jack Barnes
It’s official—award season is in full swing. Every year, the Grammys are determined by the roughly 13,000 voting members of the Recording Academy. But let’s say the Grammys winners were decided on the songs that fans loved the most. Who would win?
Using Pandora data, we looked at the number of times a listener gave a song a thumbs up, compared to the number of times that song spun, over the past year. The good thing about this methodology is that it doesn’t give preference to huge, established acts, and allows room for less mainstream acts to stage an upset.
If Pandora listeners had their say, here’s the list of predicted winners:
- Album of the Year: DAMN., Kendrick Lamar
- Record of the Year: “HUMBLE,” Kendrick Lamar
- Best New Artist: SZA
- Song of the Year: “Despacito,” Luis Fonsi
- Rap Album: Tyler the Creator’s Flower Boy
- Rock Album: Nothing More’s The Stories We Tell Ourselves
- Country Album: Thomas Rhett’s Life Changes
- Pop Album: Lana Del Rey’s Lust for Life
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”