By Jack Barnes
Last night, Global Green hosted its Annual Pre-Oscar Gala at the Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills honoring Diane Meyer-Simon (Founder Award), Chief Oren Lyons (Icon Award), Beneficial State Bank(Resilience Partner Award), Xiuhtezcatl Martinez (Youth Leadership Award), The Solutions Project (People Award), Julia Jackson (Places Awards), and Creative Visions (Planet Award).
Guests included Amy Smart, Beau Mirchoff, Billy Zane, Carter Oosterhouse, Celeste Thorson, Cheryl Tiegs, Chevy Chase, Collins Key, Devan Key, Diane Warren, DJ Cassidy, Ed Begley Jr., Ed O’Neil, Fran Drescher, Frances Fisher, Goapele, Isaiah Washington, Jane Seymour, Kathy Freston, Michelle Kwan, Miguel Hoffmann, Robin Thicke, Sarah Hay, Ser’Darius Blain, Sharon L. Williams, Sophie Skelton, Tan Kheng Hua, Tara Reid, Taylor Dayne, and Tia Carrere.
Credit / Courtesy: Carbon Stories
Highlights of the evening included:
- GRAMMY-nominated Robin Thicke brought the house down with a special performance which included his hit single “Blurred Lines.”
- Guests were treated to a special performance by the Planet 911 Youth Choir and Orchestra, which included P!nk’s “What About Us” and Diane Warren’s Oscar-nominated “I’ll Fight” from the film “RBG.” The group is comprised of students from Waldorf Schools in Southern California and Compton Kids Club, with each teen committed to leading a volunteer project within their community.
- DJ Cassidy provided music for the after-party where guests danced and mingled after the awards ceremony.
- In partnership with Energy Independence Now (EIN), on display for party guests to interact with was a Toyota Mirai, a hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV). EIN is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing FCEVs and renewable hydrogen infrastructure.
- Brandinc announced the launch of a new apparel and product line, LovePlusEarth, and announced it will donate a portion of earned proceeds to support Global Green in their sustainability initiatives.
- Generous sponsors of the event included Energy Independence Now and Toyota Mirai, Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, Southern California Gas Company, EarthX, and UK distilled super premium gin Silent Pool Gin.
About Global Green
Global Green is dedicated to helping the people, places, and the planet in need through catalytic projects, transformative policy, and cutting-edge research. Global Green signature programs include greening affordable housing, schools, neighborhoods, and cities, advancing food waste recovery projects to dramatically reduce CO2 emissions, as well as rebuilding communities — such as New Orleans and areas of New York and New Jersey — that have suffered from the impacts of climate change, sea level rise, and environmental degradation. For more information, visit globalgreen.org and follow us @globalgreen.
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”