By Jack Barnes
A mainstay on the playlists of Los Angeles’ Power 106, the ferociously talented RJ is ready to make the leap to national recognition. Wilding out in the club under infrared lights, the Los Angeles rapper shows us how he lives in the video for “Brackin‘.” Tinted in Blood red, the feverish video depicts a typical night in RJ’s life, as he pops bottles, counts cash, and wins a street fight in the claustrophobic clip. Enjoy this video stream below after the jump.
Premiered by The FADER, the “Brackin” video is an accurate reflection of RJ’s celebrity status in the hood. Produced by DJ Mustard and Larry Jay, the “Brackin” single dropped earlier this month to widespread acclaim, with High Snobiety praising the track as “if Too $hort’s progeny made new age West Coast g-funk,” and Stereogum naming the track to its Furious Five Hip-Hop tracks of the week. With over 60K plays on SoundCloud since its release and now with the energetic new video, “Brackin” is the perfect lead single for RJ’s upcoming album, Mr. LA.
Released by 400 Summers, a new joint venture between YG’s 4Hunnid Records and DJ Mustard’s 10 Summers, Mr. LA is a tribute to RJ’s home city and a celebration of the leading role that the city has assumed in hip-hop over the past half-decade. The follow-up to his successful OMMIO series of mixtapes, Mr. LA that RJ is a leader in the L.A. rap renaissance. Releasing on May 26th, the upcoming album will feature appearances from YG, Quavo, Schoolboy Q, Ty Dolla $ign, Blac Youngsta and Earl Swavey, as well as production from DJ Mustard, Mike WiLL Made It, Larry J, Authentic, and others. With a full tracklist revealed by XXL last week, Mr. LA is currently available for pre-order.
Pre-order Mr. LA: https://empire.lnk.to/MrLA
Mr. LA Tracklisting:
2. Blammer (prod by DJ mustard and Authentic)
3. Brackin (prod by DJ Mustard, Authentic and Larry J)
4. Want Me Broke (prod by Larry J and Swish)
5. Thank God feat Blac Youngsta (prod by DJ Mustard)
6. Not To Be feat YG (prod by Mitch)
7. Left and Right Side (prod by Swish)
8. 2 Grown (prod by DJ Mustard)
9. Is It Mine feat Ty Dolla $ign (prod by DJ Mustard and J Holt)
10. Know How It Feel (prod by Authentic)
11. Hennebeeto feat ScHoolboy Q (prod by Swish and Larry J)
12. Into Something feat Earl Swavey (prod by Authentic)
13. Nobody (prod by DJ Mustard and Feezy)
14. Blindfold feat Quavo (prod by Mike WiLL Made It)
15. 50 (prod by Mitch)
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Follow me: Getmybuzzup on Twitter | Getmybuzzup on Facebook | Getmybuzzup on Google+ | Getmybuzzup on Tumblr | Getmybuzzup on Linkedin | Getmybuzzup on Pinterest | Getmybuzzup on Instagram | Getmybuzzup on Snapchat
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”
Props to RJMrLA