By Jack Barnes
Sam Ash Music Institute teaches a variety of music styles from Rock to Jazz to Funk, using video, audio, pictures, and diagrams to help you learn to play guitar. A number of guitar teachers have collaborated to offer online chat and the instructional techniques use popular guitar solos and rhythms. This particular program offers a 3-day trial risk-free so you can determine if this is something that you are interested in. Check out Our Guitar Store for Latest guitar.
- Sam Ash Music Institute includes a great deal of media in each lesson (video, text, & diagrams), which makes it very entertaining for students.
- Language in the lessons is on a basic level musically, which is easy to understand and apply.
- Interactive options are available for online users.
- A number of musical styles are covered, like acoustic, blues, folk, jazz, and rock.
- This program doesn’t focus as much on musical basics, focusing instead on popular styles of music that guitar students might want to learn.
- Download speed is a bit slow, even with a high-speed internet connection.
- Forums seem a bit empty, although there is a bit of activity.
- Instead of a one-time fee, you are charge a monthly rate (around $30 at the time of review), so you are able to learn at your own pace, but if you have other things on your plate, you will pay for it over the long-term.
Online support allows you to chat with a program administrator (made up of a number of guitar instructors) or other Sam Ash customers, post a question to the forum, or view the administrator’s blog. As we already mentioned, you are also able to trial the program for three days, which is a positive aspect.
Generally speaking, Sam Ash Music Institute is a middle of the road product. It might be appealing to someone who just wants to play the songs of their favorite band, but this won’t help you master the guitar if you are looking to really learn to play. While this is a fun and entertaining way to begin learning to play the guitar, the necessary theory is somewhat lacking, and may make it difficult for someone to transition to more difficult music. No matter how entertaining the Guitar Chords lessons, they are lacking the instructional core necessary for learning to play the guitar.
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”