Sexyy Red Keeps Her Foot on the Gas, Shares New Single, “Shake Yo Dreads”
Sexyy Red continues her run as one of 2023’s breakout stars, sharing her new rage-ready single, “Shake Yo Dreads.” The single continues a busy month for the young artist, as she earned her first-ever #1 Billboard Hit following headline-making appearances on the New York Jets‘ sideline during ESPN’s Monday Night Football, the MTV VMAs, and most recently, at Penn State’s whiteout game this weekend. View the full PR below, but first, here are some quick-hitting highlights about Sexyy Red’s incredible rise:
- Sexyy Red placed 4 songs on the brand new TikTok Billboard Top 50 chart, including the chart’s first-ever #1 hit (“SkeeYee“).
- After breaking out with “Pound Town” and the Nicki Minaj-featuring “Pound Town 2,” Sexyy has her second Billboard Hot 100 hit, and first solo hit on the chart, with “SkeeYee,” which made its debut at #67, climbing to #66 this week. Complex recently named “SkeeYee” the Song of the Summer 2023.
- “SkeeYee” earned a recent boost with its appearance in HBO’s Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The New York Jets, prompting a viral video of several of the team’s star players dancing to the song. Sexyy Red visited her new favorite team in person for their season debut on ESPN’s Monday Night Football, leading the team to an improbable victory and earning mention in GQ, Vulture, Complex, and more.
- “SkeeYee” and “Pound Town 2” appear on Hood Hottest Princess, Sexyy’s hit new album, which climbed from #103 to #74 on the Billboard 200 this week, after topping Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums chart earlier this summer.
- Sexyy Red will soon embark on her first headlining tour, the “Hood Hottest Princess Tour,” and several dates are already sold out – Buy tour tickets HERE
- Read Sexyy’s recent feature in Interview Mag, watch her new interview with Montreality, and view her recent Genius Verified for “SkeeYee.” Sexyy Red has earned acclaim from Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, Billboard (August 2023 Chartbreaker), and many others.
Continuing her rise with unmatched confidence and intensity, Sexyy Red shares her fiery new single, “Shake Yo Dreads.” Blessed with booming trap percussion and a foreboding flurry of bells, “Shake Yo Dreads” is an adrenaline rush of a track, perfect for locker room pump-ups and celebrations of victory, providing the extra boost listeners need to go hard all fall – STREAM HERE.
“Hellcats SRTs 2” arrives following the Lil Durk-featuring “Hellcats SRTs 2” as Sexyy’s first new singles following her #SexyySummer, during which the St. Louis native established herself as the most talked-about and acclaimed rising star in hip-hop. Sexyy’s breakout hit, the Tay Keith-produced “Pound Town,” has spent multiple weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, reached the Top 10 on Urban Radio, and its Nicki Minaj-featuring remix “Pound Town 2,” earned a GOLD certification from the RIAA. Together, all versions of “Pound Town” have racked up over 69 million global streams.
Sexyy’s follow-up hit, “SkeeYee,” has risen even further, generating over 50 million streams across platforms, and reaching a new peak of #66 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #37 on Apple Music’s All-Genre Charts. “SkeeYee” earned a recent boost from its appearance in HBO’s Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The New York Jets, prompting a viral video of several of the team’s star players dancing to the song. Sexyy Red visited her new favorite team in person for their season debut on ESPN’s Monday Night Football, leading the team to an improbable victory and earning mention in GQ, Vulture, Complex, and more.
A relentless barrage of twerkable anthems, Hood’s Hottest Princess builds upon Sexyy’s brash and unapologetic persona. Songs like “Hellcats SRTs“ and “Female Gucci Mane“ exude an irrepressible bad b*tch energy, combining Sexyy’s crisp wordplay with an addictive drawling delivery that has become her signature. The mixtape earned a sterling 8.0 review from Pitchfork, who wrote that the mixtape “sets the tone for what she hopes is the nastiest, sweatiest, and freakiest summer since the smartphone came along” and “…30 minutes of straight-up standing-on-the-table raps. There are a handful of songs on here that are bound to be summertime anthems.” Home to other hits like “Looking For The H*es (Ain’t My Fault),” soon to impact Urban Radio, Hood Hottest Princess is climbing the Billboard 200, where it reached a new peak of #75 this week, and Apple Music’s charts, where it is currently sitting at #7 on the Hip-Hop albums chart and #12 overall. Hood Hottest Princess is available everywhere via Open Shift/gamma.
With Hood Hottest Princess out now and a burgeoning fanbase that can’t get enough of her hits, the rising rapper is dominating 2023. Following a short stint opening on tour for her biggest fan, Drake, during his “It’s All A Blur Tour” with 21 Savage, Sexyy Red recently announced the “Hood Hottest Princess Tour,” her first-ever headlining tour. The tour quickly sold out, minutes after its initial announce, prompting Sexyy to add dates and upgrade several venues on the tour.
SEXYY RED – HOOD HOTTEST PRINCESS TOUR DATES:
Mon Oct 16 – Boston, MA – The Paradise Rock Club
Tue Oct 17 – New York, NY – Terminal 5
Wed Oct 18 – New York, NY – Irving Plaza
Thu Oct 19 – Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
Sat Oct 21 – Philadelphia, PA – The Fillmore Philadelphia
Sun Oct 22 – Norfolk, VA – The NorVa
Tue Oct 24 – Detroit, MI – St. Andrew’s Hall
Wed Oct 25 – Fort Wayne, IN – Piere’s
Thu Oct 26 – Cincinnati, OH – Bogart’s
Mon Oct 30 – St. Louis, MO – Chaifetz Arena
Tue Oct 31 – Chicago, IL – Aragon Ballroom
Wed Nov 01 – Minneapolis, MN – The Rave / Eagles Club
Sat Nov 04 – Nashville, TN – Brooklyn Bowl
Sun Nov 05 – Birmingham, AL – Iron City
Tue Nov 07 – Tallahassee, FL – Potbelly’s
Thu Nov 09 – Orlando, FL – The Beacham
Fri Nov 10 – Fort Lauderdale, FL – Revolution
Sat Nov 11 – Atlanta, GA – The Dome
Mon Nov 13 – Charlotte, NC – The Fillmore Charlotte
Tue Nov 14 – Atlanta, GA – Buckhead Theatre
Wed Nov 16 – Richmond, VA – The National
Friday Nov 17 – Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore
Mon Nov 20 – Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center
Tue Nov 21 – Dallas, TX – House Of Blues
Fri Nov 24 – Phoenix, AZ – The Van Buren
Sat Nov 25 – Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern
Sun Nov 26 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Palladium
Wed Nov 29 – San Francisco, CA – The Fillmore
Sun Dec 3 – Denver, CO – Fillmore Auditorium