By Jack Barnes
An in-demand 5x Grammy-nominated songwriter and a respected artist, Verse Simmons is equally adept at telling emotionally complex R&B stories and crafting dancefloor-filling club jams. “Rumpshaker 18,” Verse’s latest single, fits squarely into the latter category. With a staccato, swirling production from KE on the Track, “Rumpshaker 18” is a ferocious banger with an impossibly infectious hook. Featuring an appearance from Kid Ink, “Rumpshaker 18” is a seductive and boastful anthem, ideal for the whip or the strip club. Premiered by Mass Appeal, “Rumpshaker ’18” is the perfect appetizer for Diamonds, Verse Simmonds’ upcoming project, which features an appearance from Ty Dolla $ign and the ThisIsRnB premiered “Liquor & Misunderstanding.” Releasing on November 10th via Verse’s own VVS Society label, Diamonds is a genre-bending cocktail of well-crafted R&B, brimming with emotional complexity and musical invention. Enjoy this audio stream below after the jump.
Explains Verse Simmonds, “Kid Ink and I have been creating music together for a long time now, this song is just one of the many we have done together… every time we connect it’s a movie! When Ink came up with the hook I immediately thought about the group Wreckx-N-Effect because of the ‘rumpshaker’ lyric in the hook – and from there it was easy!”
Whether as a lead artist, a featured artist, or a songwriter, Verse graces every track with class and consummate professionalism, making a name for himself as one of the foremost purveyors of mature R&B. Last month, Verse shared the single “Murder Charge,” which features Ty Dolla $ign and earned over 1.29 million plays on SoundCloud.
An in-demand songwriter who has collaborated with numerous A-listers in the R&B and pop realms, Verse Simmonds is one of the more successful behind-the-scenes creatives in the urban music industry. Verse has penned hits for the likes of Chris Brown (“New Flame”) and Fifth Harmony (“Top Down”), earned one of his five Grammy nominations for his writing on Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “Who Gon Stop Me” in 2012, and co-wrote 2016’s “Permission,” a Grammy nominated R&B smash for Ro James. Continuing a long-lasting creative partnership, Verse Simmonds appears as a featured artist on “Only 4 Me,” a highlight from Heartbreak on a Full Moon, the new album from Chris Brown.
Pre-order Diamonds: http://bit.ly/
1. “The Huxtables” written By Verse Simmonds (prod by Reazy Renegade)
2. “How” (Interlude) written By Verse Simmonds (prod by Ayo x Keyzbaby)
3. “Liquor and Misunderstanding” written By Verse Simmonds (prod by Ayo x Keyzbaby)
4. “Make Up” Ft Ty Dolla Sign written By Verse Simmonds and Ty Dolla Sign (Prod by Soundz and Count Justice x Kyle Edwards)
5. “Shoulda Woulda Could” written by Verse Simmonds prod by (Ayo x Keyzbaby and SunnyKale)
6. “Wine and Passion” written by Verse Simmonds (Prod by Mel & Mus)
7. “Feelins” written by Christopher Echols co-Written by Verse Simmonds (prod by Ayo and Keyzbaby)
8. “Body-Yadi” written by Verse Simmonds (Prod by The Culture)
9. “Diamonds” written by Verse Simmonds co-written by Jeremiah “Sickpen” Bethea (prod by Ayo x Keyzbaby)
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Follow me: Getmybuzzup on Twitter | Getmybuzzup on Facebook | Getmybuzzup on Google+ | Getmybuzzup on Tumblr | Getmybuzzup on Linkedin | Getmybuzzup on Pinterest | Getmybuzzup on Instagram | Getmybuzzup on Snapchat
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”
Props to Spotify