By Jack Barnes
Today, Vevo announces two new advances for their owned and operated product offerings, with a new redesigned mobile experience for IOS, and the addition of Watch Party for our desktop platform. These new features are focused on driving greater user engagement through differentiated experiences that immerse and connect our audience with the music videos they love.
Watch Party is a multiple screen co-viewing experience where users can invite friends, chat, and vote on videos they’d like to see. The product is similar to an interactive playlist however with Watch Party users can all be on different computers, in different locations, but watching music videos in sync. All participants of the Watch Party can also live chat, commenting and chatting about the videos, which adds a new experience for Vevo audiences. Watch Party at launch initially will be available on desktop, which following a detailed analysis of user behavior, taught us that this was the best platform for the first iteration of this product. We found that we were seeing high desktop traffic Monday through Friday, with users connecting with friends around music video.
– In ‘Host Mode,’ a user/curator/artist can host a unique experience for friends and fans, where the host will control the playlist and order.
– In ‘Collaboration Mode,’ users can up-vote for their favorite videos and add to the playlist.
– An infinite number of people can join any single watch party, just by accessing the party link.
– Up to 100 videos can be added to the queue.
– Enables music discovery with users sharing new videos to an engaged party.
– A party bot will update the group about what videos are coming up next.
– Watch Party at launch will initially be available on desktop.
WATCH PARTY WILL LAUNCH IN LATE MARCH 2017
New Mobile Experience for IOS
Vevo’s New Home, is the new home screen for the Vevo mobile experience. Initially launching on i0S but to be rolled out across other platforms. The sleek, user friendly design highlights the immense depth of Vevo’s catalog, playlists, and original content, and directly responds to the data we have, for how our audience wants to interact with the content they love. The new design layout enables users to access their favorite videos and curated playlists easily and simply, getting them to the music they love faster, blending technology and human curation seamlessly for an advanced user experience.
– New design layoutfor users to quickly recognise playlists and videos each time the user engages with the app
– Artist stations which jump into artist specific playlists
– Access to playlists curated by Vevo’s in house editorial team, specific to time of day, mood or genre
– Completely localized playlist experience my genre and market.
– Dynamic personalization, meaning that the more the user engages, the more personal the experience will become, surfacing relevant playlists based on artists they have told us they love. The experience orients to what you like.
o Uniquely personalized home for each user, tailored specifically for their own preferences (person A’s home will be vastly different than person B’s). New home will continue to be highly curated for you, the more time/energy/effort you spend on Vevo
NEW HOME WILL ROLL OUT MID APRIL 2017
Want to submit something? Click Here
Need promotion? Click Here
Follow me: Getmybuzzup on Twitter | Getmybuzzup on Facebook | Getmybuzzup on Google+ | Getmybuzzup on Tumblr | Getmybuzzup on Linkedin | Getmybuzzup on Pinterest | Getmybuzzup on Instagram | Getmybuzzup on Snapchat
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”