By Jack Barnes
Vitaminwater® and The FADER have teamed up for the fifth anniversary of their award-winning music series, #uncapped. This year, the annual event spans five consecutive nights in New York City, and features performances from a collection of artist alumni including Matt and Kim and JoJo, along with talent new to the #uncapped stage including Alessia Cara, Chance the Rapper, Willow Smith, Kehlani and many more. Check out these photos of Alessia Cara, Passion Pit (DJ set) and DJ Austin Millz from night two of the event below after the jump.
- Harlem producer Austin Millz warmed up the crowd with a snare-adorned blend of hip-hop, R&B, and twisted club sounds.
- Passion Pit’s Michael Angelakos amped up the proceedings with chime-fuelled tunes including Rihanna’s hit, “Rude Boy,” and it was Passion Pit’s collab with Madeon, “Pay No Mind,” that had the crowd with their hands in the air and feeling like it was a Friday. Even the security guard was snapping pics.
- Toronto popstar-in-the-making Alessia Cara was next.
- She belted tracks including “Seventeen” before proclaiming “This next song is about body image—there’s so much pressure to look like girls in magazines,” she said as a means of introduction to “Scar,” a feminist anthem about remembering that there’s no better you than the you that you are.
- After a couple of enjoyable covers—The Neighborhood’s “Sweater Weather,” for which she strapped on an acoustic guitar, and James Brown’s “I Feel Good”—she closed her set with her debut single, “Here.”
Let us know what you think in the comment area below.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!”